• Open everything that came with the drone and remove all protective labels.
• Charge all batteries, laptop, and remote control.
• Insert a memory card into the drone and format it.
• Turn on the drone at home to make sure all batteries are in place and there is a mobile connection and control.
• Adjust all settings in all software menus to your preferred settings
Learn about this in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNNB8YO–y0
• Try taking pictures and video at home – you do not have to fly for that
• Format the memory card again.
• Make sure that where you are going to fly there are no different flight restrictions. You can read about it here: International drone laws